We’ve put together a sample 7 day Grenada vacation itinerary for those wanting to know what their trip might look like.
Here’s what you could be doing when you spend a week in Grenada. In addition to this Grenada vacation itinerary, we’ve also got a packing list for you to make it easy to get everything you need ready. This is designed for those who like to fit a lot into their vacation in Grenada. Some of our guests opt not to leave the Hotel over the week, and other’s might take a trip or two out. It’s up to you and what shape you like your holiday to take as to how much time you spend on activities outside of the Hotel.
Let’s see what you might like to do when you visit the Spice Isle and spend time with your favourite person or people. Read on to discover our sample 7 day Grenada vacation itinerary so you can get the best from your trip to this beautiful island.
Day 1: Arrival and settling in
- You’ll most likely arrive at Maurice Bishop International Airport during the afternoon. It’s a 90 minute drive up to us in the north of Grenada. But it’s well worth the trip, as you’ll find out.
- Take a taxi or rental car to Petite Anse Hotel in the north of Grenada
- Relax and settle in to your room. You can unpack your clothes so everything is easy to find and you don’t have to live out of a suitcase all week.
- Take a walk o the beach and then take your seat in the restaurant for your first dinner.
Day 2: Exploring local beaches
- We recommend starting your day with a good breakfast in the restaurant. The buffet has plenty to choose from, including homemade bread, cereal and fresh fruit juice. There’s also your choice of cooked breakfast, whether that’s eggs, pancakes, bacon or even a Grenadian breakfast (24 hours’ notice required)
- You can spend a day visiting local beaches by starting at beautiful Levera Beach where you can swim, sunbathe and relax
- There’s another beach relatively close by which is Bathway Beach. This is popular with locals and you can have more swimming and sunbathing
- Have a lunch at a local beachside restaurant in Bathway Beach
- Depending on how much energy you have, you might want to visit the nearby town of Sauteurs to learn about Grenada’s history and culture.
- Then return to the Hotel for dinner.
Day 3: Island tour
- Discover the island’s natural and cultural attractions with a tour of the island from our tour guide
- You might want to visit the famous Grand Etang Lake and National Park
- You can take a short hike to Seven Sisters Waterfalls which is a fairly easy walk and close to Grand Etang. Great for pics as it’s a beautiful waterfall.
- On the way back to the Hotel, visit the Concord Falls and Annandale Falls
- Return to Petite Anse in the evening for cocktails and dinner.
Day 4: Adventure in paradise day
- Start the day with a good breakfast in the restaurant.
- Today, you might want to go further afield and visit beautiful Sandy Island with it’s pristine sand beach and top notch snorkelling. You’ll travel over by boat which takes around 20 minutes or so. Spend time exploring the island and enjoy a grilled fish lunch cooked by your guide.
- Return in the afternoon to freshen up for cocktails and dinner.
Day 5: Exploring Belmont Estate
- Breakfast at the Hotel followed by a trip out to the fascinating Belmont Estate whe you can learn about Grenada’s agriculture.
- Discover how chocolate is grown and made on the island.
- Have lunch at Belmont and then return to Petite Anse in the afternoon.
Day 6: Relaxation day
- Spend a day relaxing at Petite Anse.
- Take a walk along the beautiful beach, swim in the pool and enjoy lunch in house.
- Treat yourself to a massage by our blind masseur, Dion.
- Have a romantic dinner at Petite Anse or a nearby restaurant
Day 7: Departure day
- Have breakfast at your accommodation
- Check out and take a taxi or rental car to Maurice Bishop International Airport for your departure
Note: This itinerary is just a suggestion and can be customized according to your preferences and time constraints. It is recommended to check attractions and restaurants’ opening hours and availability in advance.
Packing list for your 7 day vacation in Grenada
Now that you’ve taken a look over the sample 7 day Grenada vacation itinerary, it’s time to talk about what you’re going to take with you. When you packing for your 7 day Grenada vacation, consider the climate and the activities you plan to do. Here are some essential items to bring:
1. Light clothing: Grenada is a tropical destination, so pack light and breathable clothing. Cotton and linen fabrics are ideal. Don’t forget your shorts, t-shirts, sundresses, and swimwear.
2. Sun protection: The sun in Grenada can be intense, so make sure you pack sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself. If you don’t, the sun will eat you for breakfast!
3. Insect repellent: we don’t typically have any around the Hotel as the onshore breeze whisks them away, but you might want to pack some just in case. Otherwise, we usually have some at the Hotel that you can use.
4. Walking shoes: Grenada has many hiking opportunities, so pack comfortable walking shoes or sneakers.
5. Swimwear: Grenada’s beautiful beaches and waterfalls provide ample opportunities for swimming, so be sure to pack swimwear.
6. Light jacket: Although Grenada is warm, you will most likely want a light jacket or sweater with you for the plane journey.
7. Camera: Grenada is a beautiful island with plenty of picturesque locations, so pack a camera or be sure to use your smartphone to capture all the memories.
8. Power adapter: Grenada’s power outlets are 220-240 volts. However, we do have some adapters at the Hotel, just let us know what you need in advance so we can be sure to reserve one for you.
Remember to pack light and only bring what you need to avoid overpacking. With these essential items, you’ll be ready for a fantastic vacation in Grenada!
If you need any further guidance on your Grenada vacation itinerary or what you need to bring, get in touch with us and we’ll provide further help and advice.